In this response from last year to the July shooting spree by Anders Behring Breivik, Chuck Asay intimates that guns today are as romanticized and mythologized as popular conceptions of viking raiders. Revisionist history and gun-worship are both tragedies waiting to happen.
Compounding the fear of the mourners at right is the fact that Breivik wore a phony police uniform.
A good cartoon.
what the fuck was Asay going for here? I can’t figure it out. is this like one of those things where I know deep down that he thinks Norwegians are wimps because they used to be rape and pillage caricatures and now don’t want guns around a vigil for the victims of a terrorist but I don’t want to admit it because of the further implications? jesus christ
- luchaigcaileag reblogged this from agoodcartoon
- luchaigcaileag likes this
- grannyfabulous likes this
- riftoff reblogged this from agoodcartoon and added:
- magnefico likes this
- keshik reblogged this from agoodcartoon
- reflex76 reblogged this from agoodcartoon
- riftoff likes this
- almightybob reblogged this from agoodcartoon
- brad-t likes this
- agoodcartoon posted this